CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA – SERVICE CHARTER
The Kenya consulate in Dubai has the honour to present its service charter in the background of Kenya being the country entering its new status as a middle-income country with a commitment to provide quality service to its citizens as envisioned in our constitution, vision 2030 and the Ministry of Foreign affairs and International Trade strategic plan 2012-2017.
The service charter is therefore a commitment to all our stake holders, partners and clientele that the services offered at the Consulate General of the Republic of Kenya in Dubai will meet their needs in terms of quality service.
The Foreign Policy of the Kenya Government, which is the guiding document in developing the service charter, clearly outlines the service standards that Kenyans and other stake holders should expect to receive at the Consulate Generals offices from the staff engaged there. This charter enumerates and gives a promise to the customers of the consulate that they will receive quality service.
The Consulate recognizing the important role it plays in the improvement of services rendered, encourages and will be appreciative to receive any positive feedback. Our goal is to ever provide exemplary customer service and to continuously improve service delivery.
The Consulate General of the Republic of Kenya in Dubai has been operational since 2010 with an objective of enhancing cordial relations between Kenya and the United Arab Emirates. Since inception it has continuously articulated Kenya’s Foreign Policy and engages the UAE government for mutual benefit between the two countries in improving the bilateral relations and utilizing emerging opportunities in trade, investment, tourism, and culture. The Consulate General will project the country’s image while at the same time pursuing our National Interests.
This Charter defines the mandate of the Consulate General of Kenya in Dubai to our esteemed clients both in Kenya and in Dubai and the Northern Emirates with regard to the delivery of Services by the Mission. The Charter sets out the Vision and Mission of the Consulate, our core values, our Customers , our Services, our Values and Commitments to improvement of service delivery, our standards and the mechanism for redress of any shortcomings in our service delivery.
The Consulate is committed to provide quality service to our clients and this Charter outlines our operations and functions that have been put in place to assure our clients that the provision of quality services to our clients is our goal with a view of ensuring customer satisfaction.
To provide the desired representation in all matters pertaining to improved relations between Kenya and United Arab Emirates, and provision of excellent service delivery.
Fully implement Kenya’s foreign policy through effective diplomatic engagement in Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Patriotism: Exercise loyalty and upholding true allegiance to the Republic of Kenya
- Team Spirit: Collectively participate in enhancing service delivery
- Professionalism: Exercise high level of professional competence and confidentiality in all our work
- Integrity: Embrace accountability and transparency in all operations of the Consulate General
- Equity and fairness: Promotion of justice, impartiality and diversity in all our dealings
- To promote and project Kenya’s image and prestige in Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
- To contribute to Kenya’s economic transformation and realization of vision 2030 through effective diplomatic engagement in Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
- To promote and protect the interest of Kenyans in Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
- Promote, Protect and Project Kenya’s image and prestige by engaging in innovative Public diplomacy.
- To contribute to Kenya’s economic transformation and realization of vision 2030 through effective diplomatic engagement.
- To protect the interest of Kenyans in Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
- To market Kenya as a safe and reliable investment destination.
- To Provide Consular Services.
- To facilitate the participation in events for promotion of trade, investment and opportunities including tourism and cultural activities.
- To extend courtesies for visiting Kenyan delegations.
- To Coordinate VIP and official visits to Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
- To engage the Kenyan Diaspora in Dubai and the Northern Emirates
- Information on Kenya’s Foreign Policy.
- Coordination for Kenya Government Ministries and agencies on Dubai matters.
- Information on trade and investment opportunities in Dubai and the Northern Emirates
- Consular and immigration services.
- Information on international jobs and management of Diaspora relations.
- Facilitation to trade missions.
- Mechanisms and arbitration of disputes involving nationals employed in Host country.
- Protocol services to visiting dignitaries.
OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
We are committed to providing the highest standards of service to all our clients and customers. Our clients and customers should expect the following from us:-
- Treat you with respect, courtesy and confidentiality.
- Identify ourselves when we speak to you.
- Be clear and helpful in our interaction
- Act with care, diligence, honesty and integrity as we respond and deal with all your issues.
- The Host government(s)
- The People of Kenya
- Government Ministries, State agencies in Kenya
- Foreign Consulates in Dubai accredited to the UAE
- Foreigners, Private Sector, Investors and NGOs
- Embassy staff
- Other relevant stakeholders
We will Endeavour to:
- Deal with your enquiries and complaints quickly and effectively.
- Answer phone calls promptly.
- Attend to visitors promptly
- Process visitors visas promptly
- Process passports in the shortest time possible and liaise with Immigration Department in Nairobi for the expedited processing of referral visas.
- Reply to your letters, faxes and emails within five (5) working days and on more complex issues, our initial reply will give you an estimate of the time a full response will take and the cost if any.
- Prompt payment of goods, services and works upon submission of accurate invoices and any other supporting documents in line with Government procurement rules and regulations.
We will be able available for:
- Emergency concerns 24hours a day and can be reached on our mobile telephones where necessary
- Other enquiries from Sunday to Thursday during official working hours (N.B we are closed Fridays and Saturdays and on public holidays).
We aim to:
- Ensure that the accuracy and quality of services we provide are of International standards by continuously incorporating relevant and emerging development in Consulates’ Service Charter.
- Improve procedures for monitoring the quality of our services and reporting the results
- Develop service delivery in line with increasing improvements in technology and the changing needs of our clients.
- Establish a more streamline system of handling enquiries and feedback on our services.
To our clients
In our interactions with our customers, we are committed to:
- Uphold professionalism and integrity.
- Provide effective and efficient service.
- Proactive in undertaking of our duties and responsibilities.
- Provide timely and relevant information as and when required.
- Treat both information and our customers with confidentiality.
- Treat our customers with respect and courtesy.
- Maintain open door policy to all in need of our services.
- Promptly and positively respond to staff needs.
- Provide a conducive working environment.
- Respect the host government’s laws, rules and regulations.
From our clients
To ensure that your receive quality service, you can assist us by:-
- Providing accurate, timely information and documentation to facilitate prompt action.
- Upholding professionalism and integrity in our interaction with us.
- Treating our staff courteously and with respect.
- Observing and respecting our procedures, rules and regulations.
- Observing and respecting the host government rules and regulations.
To each other as colleagues
- To uphold professionalism.
- Teamwork and collective responsibility.
- Honesty, transparency and accountability.
- Courtesy and respect.
- Respect for family values and
- Equity and fairness.
We greatly welcome feedback on our performance to enable us deliver quality service to our customers. Your complaints, comments or suggestions will be handled by the Deputy Head of Mission. If you are dissatisfied with the response and wish to make a formal complaint, you may write to the Consul General, Consulate General of the Republic of Kenya – DUBAI.
You may wish to contact us as follows:-
- For emergency, our mobile are open 24 hours a day
- For normal business we are open from 9.00a.m to 3.00pm
- Sunday to Thursday during normal working hours.
Consulate General of the Republic of Kenya
Off Al Wasl Road, 15 Streets,
Villa No. 5
P.O. Box 214933
Telephone: +971 43428111
Fax: +971 43428181
REVIEW OF THE CHARTER
The charter shall be reviewed periodically to ensure that it is in tandem with new developments and to accommodate lessons learnt from implementation of the current one.
TIME GUIDELINES ON THE SERVICE DELIVERY ANNEX
|TYPE OF SERVICE
|case by case|
As set by regulations
Issuance of Visa
Subject to fulfilment of all visa requirements.
and other written
Within 24 working
Upon receipt of mail
|Within 5 seconds of
|During official working hours/For emergency contact on weekends & holidays as provided in the charter|
|Within 48 hours
|From time of receipt|
receipt of letters and
|Within 5 days
|From time of receipt|
Thank You letters
Within 3 days
From time of service
At least 2 weeks in
Before the date of the actual event/functions
Dispatch of request
for Referral Visa
14 working days
In the immediate next
Replacement of old
From time of receipt