Background of the Mission
The Consulate General of the Republic of Kenya in Dubai has been operational since 2010 with an objective of enhancing cordial relations between Kenya and the United Arab Emirates. Since inception it has continuously articulated Kenya’s Foreign Policy and engages the UAE government for mutual benefit between the two countries in improving the bilateral relations and utilizing emerging opportunities in trade, investment, tourism, and culture.
Objectives of the Mission
- To promote and project Kenya’s image and prestige in Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
- To contribute to Kenya’s economic transformation and realization of vision 2030 through effective diplomatic engagement in Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
- To promote and protect the interest of Kenyans in Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
Profile of the Consul General
Mr. Kariuki is the Consul General, Consulate General of the Republic of Kenya in Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
He was born on 3rd September, 1956
He is married with children
Fluently Speaks English and Kiswahili.
He is a career public servant with over 33 years’ experience and has held various positions in various Ministries in the Government of Kenya.
Mr. Kariuki Holds MBA(Finance), University of Nairobi and is an alumnus of University of Nairobi, Strathclyde Graduate Business School and Glasgow Caledonia University(Glasgow, Scotland – U.K) , and University of Connecticut (USA) .
Masters of Business Administration (Finance), University of Nairobi
Mr. Kariuki has wide experience in International Finance and Donor Funded Projects Management.
He has training in the following areas:
- Mastering Trade Policy Policy: Understanding and Acting in Today’s Economy.
- Strategic Leadership Development Program Certificate, Kenya Institute of Administration.
- Senior Management Course Certificate, Kenya Institute of Administration.
- Post Graduate Program Performance Auditing, University of Connecticut.
- Public sector Financial Management: Public Expenditure and Utilization of Resources, University of South Africa in conjunction with Kenya College of Accountancy (KCA).
- Public Expenditure Control and Final Accounts Course, Kenya Institute of Administration.
- Corporate Governance, Center for Corporate Governance (CCG).
- Computer Assisted Financial Management Program, ESAMI – Arusha.
- Accountancy and Finance for developing Countries – Strathclyde Graduate Business School) University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland).
- International Course for Budget Officers, Glasgow Caledonia University (Glasgow, Scotland).
- Management Development Course for Economists, Directorate of Personnel Management in conjunction with the American Ford Foundation.
Senior Financial Management Course, Kenya Institute of
The role of the Consulate
- Promote, Protect and Project Kenya’s image and prestige by engaging in innovative Public diplomacy;
- Contribution to Kenya’s economic transformation and realization of vision 2030 through effective diplomatic engagement;
- Enhance market access of Kenyan products to the UAE market;
- Promotion and marketing of Kenyan products in Dubai and the Northern Emirates;
- Protection of the interest of Kenyans in Dubai and the Northern Emirates;
- Promotion of foreign direct investment to Kenya;
- Promotion of Kenya as a viable investment destination;
- Promotion of Kenya as a suitable tourist and conference destination;
- Coordination of Kenyan diaspora;
- Provision of consular services;
- Provision of protocol services;
- Promotion of Kenya’s culture;
- Facilitate Kenya’s participation in events for promotion of trade, investment and opportunities including tourism and cultural activities.
- Promotion and protection of regional interests
Consular Services offered by the Consulate
- Facilitation in application of Kenyan passports
- Issuance of Kenya passports
- Issuance of emergency travel documents
- Facilitation in registration of Kenyan children born abroad;
- Facilitation of application of Kenya National Identity Cards;
- Facilitation in application of birth certificate for children born abroad and duplicate of a lost birth certificate;
- Facilitation in application for reinstatement of citizenship;
- Facilitation in application of dual citizenship;
- Facilitation to no impediment to marriage;
- Issuance of Visas to UAE nationals and other nationalities with residency in Dubai and the Northern Emirates seeking to visit Kenya as tourists or on business;
- Registration of Kenyan nationals resident in Dubai and the Northern Emirates;
- Notarization of official documents used in purchase of land and for operating bank accounts in Kenya by its nationals with UAE residency;
- Facilitation in applications for certificate of good conduct;
- Confirmation to UAE authorities no objection certificates issued in Kenya to import armored vehicles;
- Authentication & certified copies of documents issued by the Kenyan authorities and intended for official use UAE;
- Legalization of documents issued by the UAE authorities and intended for official use in Kenya;
- Consular assistance to Kenyans under arrest, in detention & on deportation orders and admitted to hospitals;
- Engaging various diaspora groupings in Dubai and the Northern Emirates such as the Kenya Welfare Association, the Kenya Dubai Diaspora Sacco and others on pertinent issues that affect the Kenyan diaspora;
- Assisting the repatriation of the remains of Kenyans;
- Facilitation of Kenyans to undertake exams from various Kenyan institutions.